2500 S. Highland Ave. Suite #342
Lombard, IL 60148
Gansu College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, O.M.D., 1985 in LanZhou, China
Director, East West Healing Center
O.M.D., L.Ac. Licensed for Acupuncture and Bodywork in the United States
July 2002 - Full Professor of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hospital of Gansu College of Traditional
Chinese Medicine in China
1998-2002 - Associate Professor of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hospital of Gansu College of
Traditional Chinese Medicine in China
1999-2002 - Supervisor for Master Students in Chinese Orthopedics and Traumatology, Gansu College
of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China
1991-1997 - Chief Doctor and Departmental Head, Gansu Province LanZhou Chinese Medicine
Orthopedics and Traumatology Hospital in China
1989-1990 - Team doctor, Gansu Province wrestling team in China
1986-1989 – Resident, Gansu Province LanZhou Chinese Medicine Orthopedics and Traumatology
Hospital in China
Use of TuiNa ( manipulation ) treatment for injury of bone, muscle, tendon, ligament and joint
dislocation, prolapse of the lumbar and cervical intervertebral disc, cervical vertebra syndrome,
periarthritis of the shoulder, osteoarthritis, tenosynovitis, etc.
Use of acupuncture and herbs for treatment of many conditions, ailments and diseases, including but
not limited to: gynecological, immune and digestive system, children’s, miscellaneous internal damage
diseases, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, paraplegia, pain management, etc.
Teaches DunHuang Buddhist Qi Gong
1. Chief Editor, Clinical Orthopedic Diagnostic Methods – A Practical Guidebook, Gansu Province
People Publisher, 2001
2. Chief Editor, Chinese Reduction Manipulation for Bone-setting, LanZhou University Press, 2002
3. Editor, Scientific Dictionary of Chinese Orthopedics and Traumatlogy, Chinese Medicine Press,
4. Editor, Joint Dislocation and Sprain Injury, LanZhou University Press, 2000
5. Editor, Modern Traditional Chinese Orthopedics, Chinese Medicine Press, 2004
1. “The ZheDing manipulation treatment for dislocation of lower part of radius shaft.” Chinese Journal
Orthopedics and Traumatology 1990; 2, 24.
2. “Detumescence and acesodyne mechanism of medicine of invigorating blood circulation and dissolving
the stagnant. “ Chinese Journal of Traditional Medical Traumatology and Orthopedics 1990; 4,52.
3. “Clinical experience of using Cuo Shang Miao Tong herbs to treat acute lumbar sprain.” Chinese
Journal of Orthopedics and Traumatology 1991; 1,29.
4. “Diagnosis and manipulation treatment of meniscus injury of lateral knee joint combined with locked
symptoms.” Chinese Journal of Traditional Medical Traumatology and Orthopedics 1991; 5,36.
5. “Acupuncture treatment of fat pad inflammation under knee cap.” Journal of Traditional Chinese
Orthopedics and Traumatology 1992; 2,38.
6. “Diagnosis and treatment on the basis of an overall analysis of the illness and the patient's condition of
using drugs in orthopedics.” Journal of Gansu College of Traditional Chinese Medicine 1995; 8,30.
7. “Clinical experiment of manipulative reduction of the reverse replacement fracture of lateral condyle of
humerus.” Journal of Gansu College of Traditional Chinese Medicine 1997; 4,20.
8. “Manipulation and Chinese medicine cure of shoulder joint peripheral inflammation.” Journal of Gansu
College of Traditional Chinese Medicine 1998; 1,36.
9. “Pathogeny analysis and therapeutic experience of 1,368 cases of injury of ankle joint.” Journal of
Traditional Chinese Orthopedics and Traumatology 1998; 2,15.
10. “Clinical research on treatment of soft tissue with Mefengxiaozhong herbal medicinal paste.” Chinese
Journal of Traditional Medical Traumatology and Orthopedics 1998; 1,37.
11. “Development of pathogeny, diagnosis and treatment of congenital muscular wryneck.” Journal of
Gansu College of Traditional Chinese Medicine 1998; 15,23.
12. “Report of 5 cases of carpal dislocation by manipulation treatment.” Journal of Traditional Chinese
Orthopedics and Traumatology 1998; 5,24.
13. “Study on scientific thinking of Prof. Xianzhang Guo.” Journal of Gansu College of Traditional Chinese
Medicine 1999; 4,23.
14. “Clinical experience of 9 cases of manipulation and Traditional Chinese Medicine treatment of stiffness
rachitis.” Journal of Gansu College of Traditional Chinese Medicine 2000; 3,17.
Chenlie CV 3
15. “Report of 7 cases of dislocation of cervical vertebra joint with maneuver reduction treatment.” Chinese
Journal of Traditional Medical Traumatology and Orthopedics 2000; 6,47.
16. “Study of Dun Huang Qi Gong Skill.” Chinese Journal of Orthopedics and Traumatology 2001; 5,32.
17. “The foundation and evaluation of animal osteoporosis experiment.” Chinese Journal of Traditional
Medical Traumatology and Orthopedics 2001; 3,55.
18. “Zeng Gu Wan impact on the biochemistry of blood, urine and bone morphology of osteoporosis of
Wistar rat after ovary removal.” Journal of Traditional Chinese Orthopedics and Traumatology 2002; 3,
19. “Study of the pathology mechanism of osteoporosis after menopause caused by lack of estrogen.”
Journal of Traditional Chinese Orthopedics and Traumatology 2002, 3,53.
20. “Study of manipulation reduction treatment of carpal joint dislocation.” Journal of Gansu College of
Traditional Chinese Medicine 2002; 1,22.
21. “Effect of Chinese medicine Zeng Gu Wan on bone quality and bone bio-dynamics of osteoporosis in
the ovaries of rats.” Chinese Journal of Traditional Medical Traumatology and Orthopedics 2002; 3,7.
1. First Prize, Outstanding Teacher Award at Gansu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 2001.
2. First Prize for “Clinical Study and Final Report of Mefengxiaozhong” at the Second World Symposium
on Traditional Chinese Orthopedics in Beijing, China, in May, 1998.
3. First prize for “The effect of Chinese Medicine ZengGuWan on the biochemistry of osteoporosis bloodurine
and bone shape due to the removal of ovaries in rats” at the fourth World Symposium on
Traditional Chinese Orthopedics in HangGang in March, 2002.
4. Second Prize for “The effect of TCM Zengguwan on osteoporosis rat model” . at the Education
Department of Gansu province in China. In October, 2002.
5. Honour of “Excellent Professor” at Gansu College of TCM. In December 2001.
6. Third Prize for “ Pathogeny analysis and therapeutic experience of 1368 cases of ankle injury” .at
Gansu College of TCM. In May 1998.
1996 National Patent in China for an herbal combination used to subdue swelling and relieve pain
Other Academic Posts
The first World Chinese Medicine Bone Injury Congress, Committee Member and Deputy Secretary
The second World Chinese Medicine Bone Injury Congress, Committee Member and Vice President
World Chinese Medicine Bone Injury Journal, Assistant Editor (journal registered in USA), 2000
Adjunct Professor, Malaysian Academy of Chinese Medicine (Bone Injury), 2000
Editorial Board, China Chinese Medicine Bone Injury Journal, from 2002-06
Vice President, Gansu Province Chinese Medicine Bone Injury Executive Committee, from 1995-2002
Invitational speaking engagements at International Conferences
The second World Symposium on Traditional Chinese Orthopedics in Beijing in May, 1998
The fourth World Symposium on Traditional Chinese Orthopedics in HangGang in March, 2002
Visiting Professor at Malaysia Institute of Acupuncture and Orthopedics Traumatology for two months in
Successful Research Grants
Biomechanics research on the Manipulation Origin (the three steps and ten ways) in the treatment of
prolapse of the lumbar intervertebral disc, cervical vertebra syndrome, and hyperplasic arthritis.
Acupuncture and Bodywork therapy research, treatment for paraplegia and asthma
Chinese herbal medicine research, invention of external Mefangxiaozhong medicine, treatment for injury and arthritis
Member of World Federation of Traditional Chinese Orthopedics
Member of China Institute of Acupuncture
1. The author was interviewed by LanZhou Daily News on Feb 18, 2003. The headline of the article was
“ Great achievements by great efforts, report on Prof. Chen — a famous expert in Traditional Chinese
Medicine orthopedics and traumatology.”
2. The scientific thinking of the author was reported by Journal Traditional Chinese Orthopedics &
Traumatology 2003; 15, 2. entitled “My opinion of the application of Traditional Chinese Medicine
treatment in Orthopedics and Traumatology”.
Prof. YiZong Wei.
Address: NanDa street ,ChangPing Beijing China
Beijing Research Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Prof. XianZhang Guo .
Address: DaYanTan, LanZhou Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine Orthopedics